Again this week we were given food by someone. Two very lucky weeks in a row and two extremely lucky bellies. Another of our friends's family is from India and her dad made some Saag which she shared with us. It was so, so good. I wish you all could have been here to enjoy it with us!
Here is our week:
Sunday: Sushi
Monday: Soba Stir Fry with Tofu and buckwheat noodles
Tuesday: the Saag and we made crispy potatoes to eat with it
Wednesday: Hard shell tacos (I thought we were out of sour cream so I blended taco seasoning with greek yogurt and some cilantro and lime. It turned out great!)
Thursday: the pancakes and mango compote from the Ivory Coast (challenge entry)
Friday: We ate at the Saucer--I had the Hippie Burger (my favorite veggie burger) and Annemarie had the Pork Belly (haha. Classic Annemarie!)
Saturday: Rome's pizza (The Saute--with pepper bacon, mozzarella, and a creamy parm sauce)
I hadn't realized how much we ate out this last week, so I guess that is another one of the great parts of posting every week.
We forgot to take a picture of the saag, but I found a good one on-line. Although with ours we didn't eat it with naan or have the paneer in it.

2 comments:
How do you make crispy potatoes?
I just follow the directions from this website. We make ours in the toaster oven though. Definitely use the Kosher salt. It is so good. I know the website says something about duck fat? Yeah... we don't use that.
http://unconfidentialcook.com/2009/01/23/oven-roasted-crispy-potatoes/
Post a Comment