Thursday, October 13, 2011

Jackman's Bread Challenge

For our bread challenge we decided to make Zucchini Coconut Bread which is a recipe from Erin Rebecca. When Megan came home from Erin's house this past Summer she brought us some of Erin's divine Zucchini Coconut Bread! Oh man was it delicious! I have been wanting to make it ever since. I don't consider myself a good baker of the breads, so I always hesitate to make bread, so this challenge was my chance!


As I went to go make this bread I realized that it made 2 loaves, meaning I would need 2 bread pans. Well we only have one bread pan, so I crossed over to our neighbor's apartment and I wasn't in luck - no bread pan to borrow. I really wanted to make it tonight because Derrick leaves for Utah tomorrow to go to Marcus's Farewell and I really wanted him to have some before he left. So...I decided to cut the recipe in half and just make one loaf. Well this really put my math and rationing skills to the test. The recipe calls for 3 eggs, so I use 1 1/2 eggs....1/2 and egg....right....um....I went on having to come up with 3/8 c. oil, 1 1/6 c. flour...oh and 1/2 a package of pistachio pudding. Well, miraculously it turned out just fine. Divinely zucchinie and coconutie! Thanks Erin for the recipe and thanks Miners for the challenge!

1 comment:

Meg said...

This bread looks amazing, but having tasted it before I can tell everyone that it is SOOO sooo sooo good. I want it now. So glad you made it Lucy! Wish I would have been there to eat it with you.