Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sandwich Challenge Winner

All of your sandwiches look so delicious, especially as I have been in sandwich mode lately and can't eat enough sandwiches. We are awarding the Jackson's open face sandwiches because of their simplicity AND their reach beyond the traditional Thanksgiving closed face sandwich. Also, we are big fans of open face sandwiches, so little did the Jackson's know that they perfectly played into our favortism.

The decision, like all of the challenge decisions, was difficult though. The Lounsbury's Monte Cristo sandwiches are brilliant and we can't wait to try them. And M&D's classic Thanksgiving turkey cranberry sandwich can never go wrong. Also since the Jackman's don't have internet at their new house (YAY!) yet, Lucy asked that I would let you all know that their entry was a toasted turkey avacado sandwich. Hello yumminess, I want to eat you.

Our sandwich "entry" sounds really strange, but if you like goat cheese, this sandwich will amaze you. I call it the Meg and Annemarie smashwich since it combines a favorite from both of us--me, goat cheese and AM, summer sausage. We bought a jalapeno cheddar bread from West, TX and made a simple sandwich of bread, yellow Frenches mustard, summer sausage, and goat cheese. I've been eating them all week and have been really stinking up the office (my sandwich not me).

Congratulations Jackson's on winning this challenge!

No comments: