Friday, August 26, 2011

Physics and Chemistry of Cooking


I love watcing some of the TED speakers on my work breaks (and they take less time than playing Zelda). Here is one of my favorite videos that I thought I would post to our blog. Nathan Myhrvold has made a cookbook that focuses on the physics and chemistry of cooking. His cookbook has pictures of cutaways of cooking processes that are just fascinating. He begins talking specifically about his idea around minute 1:40 if you are short on time, so you can jump to there. But really watch the whole thing. I've watched it multiple times.

Nathan Myhrvold: Cooking as never seen before | Video on TED.com

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Man it would be awesome to have that set of books of "Modernist Cuisine." We could all pitch in and divide up the volumes! Haha! JK! Seriously though.

Meg said...

Heh Heh. I just looked at the price of the set. Holy Moly!