Thursday, November 17, 2011

Our Ancestory Challenge

We both wanted to do something for the challenge this time even though they won't be in the judging. I decided to make a batch of my mom's caramels. They are a very soft caramel that need to be kept in the refrigerator. When I make them again I will cook them past the softball stage so they are a bit harder. They are delicious and were fun to make. My mom would make these, cut them in squares freeze them so they were hard then dip them in melted chocolate.
Dad


Do any of you remember our Moravian Christmas Cookies?  Ours were shaped like violins, fat country hearts and "Love" written in bubble lettering. I am pretty sure we hung them on the tree a few years. Though this is not an ancestor recipe it has great memories attached to it. I am sure I bought the little cookbook in Amish territory in Pennsylvania. The Texas (cowboy) cookie cutters are the only ones I could find. Cut though, huh? And still yummy, especially dunked in tea or cocoa. Mom



1 comment:

Tory said...

The carmels look SOO yummy! And I remember the cookies. As I looked at the picture, I could totally recall the taste!