Sunday, September 18, 2011

Meg and Annemarie's Yummy Week

Here are our meals for the week. This has been my favorite week of food since we started posting our meals to the blog---mostly because of the spaghetti. I LOVE spaghetti, but it isn't one of Annemarie's favorites and it is really high calorie, especially when I can't stop eating it. It was also a yummy week because we were given food that was amazing.

Sunday: Chicken Tikka Masala (Challenge #3 entry)
Monday: Pasta al Pomodoro (Bon Appetit cover recipe, May 2011) This was unbelievable and is now my favorite spaghetti recipe.
Tuesday: Whole Roast Chicken and grapes. We just did this in the crock pot, but we had to stay at school later than expected that day, so the chicken over-crocked and dry. :) Like Tory said the other week, our crockpot also seems to cook things much more quickly than the recipes describe, even on low.
Wednesday: Jap Chae w/ left over chicken
Thursday: Grilled Romaine Ceasar Salads w/ left over chicken (Cooking Light CB), Sambar, and Unniyappam
Friday: Rice with 3 curries with pickled mango
Saturday: We went and saw Contagion at the Alamo Draft House. We had buffalo chicken wings and The Raging Bull pizza. It was hard to eat these foods with our hands while watching a movie about the spread of a deadly virus.

The grilled romaine salads. Always the persistent hopeful, Starbuck thinks this is his plate.
Part of the food on Thursday and Friday was given to us by Annemarie's boss, whose mom made it. Her mom is from South India, so we were in heaven with the curry. The sambar is a curry and the 3 we had on Friday were all very different from each other, so that was fun to try them all. We almost died when we ate the Unniyappam, which are these little fried balls of batter made with coconut, banana, rice flower and mustard seeds. Annemarie's boss told her that her mom made these foods in celebration of the Onum festival that has a really interesting history behind it.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Can I come live at your house? I think I would be in heaven.

Clayton said...

I hope Starbuck enjoyed his plate of food. You guys cook such exotic food it makes ours look bland.

Meg said...

Dad, whatever. Your food is never better. The roast chicken I made was more than bland--it was bland AND dry. I never feel like I can cook chicken to my satisfaction.

Erin Rebecca said...

mmm it all sounds good, i heart curry! I also heart the picture of Starbuck.