Friday, September 16, 2011

The Miners are here

I just wanted to say thanks to you guys for letting me be part of your blog. I am really excited to participate and have been following it for some time now. I guess this is my day to post meals, so here they are. 

Friday: Grilled Corn and roasted potatoes (both from the farmers market, so good)

Saturday: Ate out while traveling in Banff NP. Kim had veggie calzone and Jeff had chicken pizza

Sunday: Salmon and Red Quinoa with Asparagus.  This is so good and really easy. You can use just regular quinoa rather than red. They taste pretty much the same but red is harder to find and a little more expensive. 

Monday: We don't really have a name for what we ate but we make it all the time. A salad with grilled veggies, black bean, grilled shrimp with a lime vinaigrette dressing.

Tuesday: Chicken souvlaki meal with roasted potato, rice and greek salad. This is from Ok Gas Greek food. It is really a gas station with a restaurant and some of the best food we have had in Calgary. 

Wednesday: Sausage and potatoes with steamed broccoli.

Thursday: Southwest Quinoa Salad. 


3 comments:

Lucy said...

Welcome Miners! We are glad to have you join us! The salad with no name sounds awesome.

Meg said...

Yay, another Quinoa recipe! Just a few seconds ago I got off the phone with Tory, and we were talking about Quinoa. I told her the exact same thing about red quinoa! Haha. We are the quinoa spokespeoples.

Erin Rebecca said...

Welcome, we are excited to have you on board!!