Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lemon Winner

We were so excited to see the things you all tried for the lemon challenge.

It was difficult to decide the winner for the challenge and we were thinking about Dad and Mom's Lemon meringue pie ever since we saw it posted. It looks delicious dad, BUT our challenge did say that it had to be a dinner recipe. We nearly forgot all about this when we saw dad's pie (sugar coma by sight!), but luckily I was reminded of our original challenge, though I am sure Annemarie would say we could have a lemon meringue pie for dinner. :)

SO in sticking to what we wrote, we award the 2nd official Sibbett Crush Challenge to the Lounsbury's!

We were very happy to see the Lounsbury's whole roasted chicken because this is something we can all make in our enamel dutch ovens we got for Christmas from Mom and Dad. Plus 2 heads of garlic...oh my... we love garlic!

Congratulations to everyone on making such neat things. We did love that the Jackson's recipe that inventively used lemonade concentrate! Oh and Lucy, thanks for the cool recipe website. We can't wait to try your new dish!

Oh I nearly forgot. For our part of the challenge, Annemarie made a cabbage, lemon, olive slaw that made my belly so so happy.

1 comment:

Erin Rebecca said...

yahoo, we are so excited, thank you Megan and Annemarie!! I was thinking that maybe Lucy would win hers looked so delicious!!